"Let nothing human be alien to me"- Terence

Monday, September 20, 2010

The Oath

PBS will be showing The Oath tomorrow, the Laura Poitras documentary about Salim Hamdan and Abu Jandal.  Here is the official blurb.


Filmed in Yemen and Guantánamo Bay, Cuba, The Oath interweaves the stories of Abu Jandal, Osama bin Laden’s former bodyguard, and Salim Hamdan, a prisoner at Guantánamo facing war crimes charges. Directed by Laura Poitras (Flag Wars, POV 2003; the Oscar®-nominated My Country, My Country, POV 2006), The Oath unfolds via a narrative rife with plot reversals and betrayals that ultimately leads to Osama bin Laden, 9/11, Guantánamo and the U.S. Supreme Court. Winner of the 2010 Sundance Film Festival Excellence in Cinematography Award: Documentary. A co-production of ITVS in association with American Documentary/POV.

And here is the trailer.




Check your local listings.  I look forward to seeing it, and have heard nothing but excellent things.  I'll try to have something up about it on Wednesday, but I am not a terribly good critic.  

No comments:

Post a Comment