"Let nothing human be alien to me"- Terence

Thursday, April 29, 2010

New Ambassador

Saba is reporting that the US is prepared to name a new Ambassador to Yemen, as Stephen Seche's term is expiring.   The rumor is that it will be Gerald Feierstein, currently in Pakistan.  Here's an article about him in Dawn, and here is his State Department bio.  He looks to be an old Middle Eastern hand. 

Right now Saba is the only place I can find this.  The person I talked to at the State Press Office hadn't heard anything, but they are going to be getting back to me.  I'll be sure to keep you informed of anything I hear.

While you're eagerly awaiting that, Greg has had a couple of awesome posts up at Waq al-Waq.  If you haven't read them yet, you should. 

1 comment:

  1. http://marebpress.net/news_details.php?sid=24450

    Mareb Press has the story too. They quote 26 September as their source.

    ReplyDelete